Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What’s with Rush?

Since when can a President be immune to public criticism? From SNL through Liberal media it happened to the last Pres. Now it switches to Conservative radio and it’s an issue? I happen to enjoy Rush Limbaugh’s broadcasts. I’m not a regular listener, but tune in from time to time and am usually at the very least, entertained.

Recently, Obama told republicans to ‘quit listening to Rush Limbaugh if you want to get things done’. What’s next, don’t read the dictionary if you are looking to define: “liberal” ?

With the majority of the meat in this stimulus bill being pork, it is no surprise Rush called the president out. Sure it’s not the 1st time, and absolutely certain it will not be the last time he calls out the POTUS.

If I had a national radio show, with even ½ the audience Rush has, I’d have done the same.

However, the sad truth is it’s not about Mr. Limbaugh. It’s really a shot at conservative media. It’s the 1st real shot at the conservative voice. Mr. President, if you can’t take the criticism, you have chosen the wrong line of work. The First Amendment guarantees our right to free speech.

1st Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I will accept no apologies when it comes to exercising my right, nor will I interfere with your right to counter my opinion.

No comments: