Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fireproof, the movie…


Fireproof your marriage yet? I know I’m going to sound like I’m totally endorsing this movie; well, I am. With U.S. box-office receipts of $33 million and counting it is certainly worth taking a look at, eh? Be honest, your Netflix/Blockbuster Online queue could use an update.

You see, Marriage is a funny thing. No matter who you are, you need to be reminded of how wonderful it can be. Those unfamiliar with The Bible may not notice that my blog URL is in reference to Eph 5:25; or “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her”. It’s just a small way I try to honor my wife. Granted, she could care less about my political views at times, but it doesn’t take away from my having a daily reminder to honor my wife. Something beyond the ring I wear on my left hand.

Now, if you are married and haven’t seen this movie yet, I highly encourage you to do so. Even if you are not the ‘religious’ type. There are lessons within the movie we all need exposure to. Too often, when faced with a difficult situation in their marriage people give in to their emotions and throw in the towel. Unfortunately for them, much of these situations would prove to be temporary if even one party were truly committed and honoring their own vows. More disheartening is the ‘D’ word is all too accepted by society anymore and easier to do than ever. I think I saw a “Do it yourself’ divorce kit advertised by an attorney online the other day.

God willing, I hope I never need another reminder of how much I love my wife. I also pray that she feels cherished, honored, and loved everyday.

No comments: