Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Change, I believe it….

Well, not really...The most change I have seen so far involves Michelle’s outfits. Well, at least that seems to be the focus of the MSM right now. Seriously, is there nothing better to report than outfit changes, celebrity’s in appearance, or the number of balls that were held?

I was hoping we’d have a POTUS that would cancel the balls in lieu of our economic conditions (or at least tone them down some); roll up his sleeves, and get to work. Now that would have been a statement! However, when large Greek columns and packed NFL stadiums are involved in your acceptance, and Obamapalooza is organized to celebrate the win on election night; why would I expect anything different during the inauguration celebration? Silly me I guess…perhaps Little Optimist can stop by and tell me everything’s going to be alright.


Little Optimist: Hey there Rob, how ya been? You sure look incredible today ;-)

me: Why thank you Little Optimist, these are only my work clothes. Nothing extravagant, but I digress. Please, tell me everything’s going to be just fine.

Little Optimist: Of course it will, think about it. The POTUS has had such extravaganzas showing he is very ego-centric. What that tells me is he will be more concerned with himself and his image than what's happening in the county. Therefore, he’ll be too busy looking in the mirror to be able to screw anything up. Great news, right!?!

me: You know, I never thought of it that way.

Little Optimist: Yeah, and since 99% of his staff came from the Clinton administration, you can assume, by looking back at what occurred during Clinton’s terms, that the country will pretty much look like that in (4) years. We made it through, ok, didn’t we?

me: Well, I was in High School then…and other than a few issues, the country turned out ok, I guess. Thanks for making me feel a little better about the next (4) years.

Little Optimist: Hey, no problem, dude! Did I mention how much I love your writing? You are so awesome!

me: Ha! I know…thanks Little Optimist, see you soon.


Well, there you have it folks. If Clinton didn’t break it too badly, then we should assume Obama won’t either. I truly hope Obama quits smoking because the last thing he needs for his image is another ‘cigar incident’.

No comments: