Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tolerance...it's ok.

It seems that in the world today tolerance is ok, as long as you agree with me. Take the Prop 8 backlash for example. A portion of the homosexual agenda is to promote their message of tolerance, that is, until you disagree with them. Then they become intolerant. I don’t blame them entirely. It’s not like they are the only group who says one thing and then does another. However, It reminds me of a line in an Austin Powers Movie (I wish I could remember which, agreeing that they are all pretty much the same plot and content, only the villains change)…

” There are only two things I can't stand in this world. Those who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the French.”

Here’s where I often get criticized for my personal beliefs. I have a family member, who is gay. I love that family member. I wish they weren’t gay, but I don’t love them any less. It’s because I have strong moral and Judeo-Christian values I can love them, but still disagree with their lifestyle. The family member I am referring to knows how I feel, and still loves and appreciates me. Our relationship as a family is fine, we don’t send white powdery substances to one another, and we don’t burn each others homes down, or protest each others places of employment. We just simply disagree. In fact, I’m sure a lot of families have disagreements, and learn to live with those disagreements.

This is what I call tolerance. I encourage you to try it.

No comments: