Thursday, November 13, 2008

Persecution? Really?...come on

You know, my grandfather, and many from his generation would be visibly upset at the site of some protester burning an American flag. I never fully understood or grasped that type of emotional response. That is, until yesterday.

Those who really know me know that I am a very accommodating soul. I tend to lean towards doing the righteous thing rather than the right thing in order to create win-win situations, as long as it doesn’t violate my moral values or my religious freedoms upheld by the 1st Amendment. That said I am not one to infringe on anyone else’s either. I am all for the peoples right to form groups and assemble, whether it be for religious beliefs, social beliefs, or otherwise. Why if it weren’t for those rights we wouldn’t be free to blog as we do.

Let’s talk about the 1st amendment for a moment; for those unfamiliar (and I tremble at the thought that some of us might be) I have posted it below:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Please notice I did underline “peaceably”

Two links I want to share with you….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ZvPR09N4Q

http://www.gazette.com/articles/student_43174___article.html/williams_spectrum.html

To bear witness to any form of Christian persecution is sickening to me and we (society) cannot, under any circumstance, accept it. Even to you agnostics, this type of persecution should be unacceptable. Here’s why; the very reason these homosexual groups are even permitted to assemble is under the very same ‘rights’ shared by the individuals who are expressing their own beliefs as well. Yet they are now persecuting those who hold beliefs that differ from their own. They have to realize the moment you try to limit one groups ability to express their beliefs you risk losing your own. The irony of it all.

No comments: