Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's not working for you...

My good friend and fellow blogger T-Willy (Travis) provided some interesting statistics during a presentation he gave at our Toastmaster’s meeting. One that made a significant impact on me was that 80% of employees are actively looking for another job.

At 1st, that number felt incredibly high, shockingly high to me. Then I started to begin to take a look at how people are hired, what people actually do vs. their job description, and why people leave/move on. Then, I had an epiphany.

This number is probably closer to being accurate than many might believe. Think about it, how many employees are actually doing work they are passionate about? How many of you are in fields that align with your university degree?

Personally I have an IT degree, but work in Advertising and Marketing. Go figure…

No comments: