Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Big Bird nearly laid off...it's true!


Wow! How does it feel to be the President responsible for nearly laying off Big Bird? In a recent AP article titled: ‘Recession forcing layoffs at Sesame Workshop’ it was announced they are eliminating 67 of 355 staff positions. My personal recommendation is Bert & Ernie, but who am I?


I was already trembling at the prospect of telling my kids that their future has just been mortgaged; then to hear that big Bird, Elmo and Cookie nearly got their pink slips put me in a near panic. Sadly, it was 67 other jobs that could not be saved by BHO's economic spenduluses.

On another subject, how amazingly asinine is it to tout earmark reform after signing a bill containing over 8000 earmarks? Moreover, where were our (5) days to review it and how come it was signed behind closed doors? I know why, because he couldn't wipe the grin off his face long enough to appear in public…either that or the teleprompter was broken.

Heck, for all I know there are earmarks for Snuffy and crew...there are certainly much sillier things in this bill. Just too little too late I guess.

What a day…I’m spent.

No comments: